Thursday, September 29, 2011

slowing down.

so as i mentioned in my last post, i went to yosemite with my parents last week. yes, i was just there in july with kara and detoy, but i just cannot get enough of this place. i cannot express the relief that i feel when i am out in nature. i feel like i can breath. i wish i felt like that more often.

this trip to yosemite was much different than my last few trips. first, i went with my parents. this was my first time camping with them in over ten years. crazy, i know. camping with my parents was just such a different pace than when i go camping with other youngsters. my parents take their time. there is never any rush. they enjoy the scenery, the sights and sounds, and make sure that they are simply relaxing. it was actually, quite relaxing. we didn't hike half dome, and it actually was nice to have a little break and enjoy some shorter hikes around the valley.

and also, it was just nice to spend some good quality time with my parents. i know that i am definitely very blessed to have parents that i am close to and that i am welcome to go camping with. spending the weekend with them was filled with a lot of reminiscing, laughing, and simply enjoying being with each other.

we did run into a little bit of rain on the saturday that we were there, but besides that, the weather was absolutely beautiful. yosemite in the fall is definitely going to need to become a tradition, because it was stunning. now i just need to experience yosemite in the winter, it looks and sounds incredible.

my mini vacation recharged me. it reminded me that i am blessed. it reminded me that God is watching over me and has a big plan for my life. it reminded that i have been given so many opportunities, and that i need to embrace all of them, even when they are challenging.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. these photos are so great! they make me miss you, yosemite, & you and me in yosemite. i love you girl.

    ReplyDelete